Are you willing to know about the concept of the Olympic Games? If yes, then this might be the perfect article for you as you should stay until the end of the article. Olympic or Olympic Games is the event which happens internationally. In the event, you can get to see various people playing different games from different parts of the world.
The event is specially designed for the athletes those who love to play sports in their life. Tons of athletes take part in the sport and get to compete with each other to win the game. The Olympic title is so huge and respectable, which is the dream of every athlete to earn it. It does not hold every year as it held once in four years. There is a special season in which the game held that is between of the summer and winter. The first game was organized in Greece by which other countries got inspired.
There are some unheard things about Olympic you would get to know later in the article. Before that, you should need to know why it is so popular. Most of the tough, or we can say, challenging games are to be played at this event, which sounds very interesting.
What are the exceptional things you should know about the Olympics?
There are tons of things which most of the people out there have not even heard of. If you are one of them then here are some explanations for you-
- Gold medals are not really gold– Since 1912 Olympics gold medals which are given to the winners are not originally made up of gold. They are more likely to be silver from inside, and this is the thing which not many of you were aware of.
- Cancelation of games– There are three games which are canceled in the Olympics due to world war first and second. If you think there are more than three games canceled, then you are misinformed about this.
- Olympic rings color– At least there is one color in the rings of Olympics, which occurs in every flag of every country in the world. It is one of the surprising and the best thing you should get to know about
- A story about one person– There is only one person who has ever won both the summer and the winter Olympics. No one has ever earned two gold medals in two different seasons.
- Two athletes and two different nations– Two athletes, are there who have played for two different nations and win gold medals for both of them.
These are some of the things among which you have not heard of some. By reading this article, you can get up to date in terms of the Olympics and its facts.
Thus, in a nutshell, it is concluded that the Olympics are to be played internationally as various players come from various nations, or we can say various parts of the world.